Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fall Wanderings

Michael and I enjoyed getting outside last weekend when his mom and step-dad were in town. We went to a state park and took the dogs (their cocker spaniel Loki, our Oliver) on a long (by Oliver's standards) walk around the lake.

We forgot to bring the camera.

Michael suggested we go back there today, because he was ready to get away from it all again, but I didn't want to be repetitive. So we went to the UW Arboretum instead, sans dog. (No dogs allowed, which meant I couldn't be disappointed by the fact that my dog is usually uninterested in walking more than a block and a half from our house.) The arboretum was a good choice because we were already in Madison - I picked up 10 more pounds of apples at the Farmers' Market, along with some garlic, sweet potatoes, and half a gallon of honey!

I brought the camera today. Here is a little bit of what we saw.
I don't know why this picture is funky. Something happened when I rotated it on the computer. I did not think it would still look like this when I posted it in my blog, but apparently it was not just a glitch in the software, it is actually a change on the picture file itself. I know I could have cropped the picture, but that would have been work!

No comments:

Post a Comment