Thursday, September 9, 2010

One More Day of Summer

I stopped by the Farmers Market today to look at apples, after picking my car up from the shop where I had dropped it off earlier in the day so that they could reattach the braces that hold my gas tank onto my car. (I noticed that some kind of metal piece was hanging off of my car after I picked up our CSA share yesterday, which meant I did not stop at a local orchard to buy apples. The part will be in next week and my car will be as good as . . . a 20 year old car can be.) Everything worked out, because there were good apples at the farmers' market (although they were more expensive this week than two weeks ago) and I happened upon some grapes and other sweet buys.

I already blogged about making pesto this summer, but I couldn't resist this deal at the Price Farm, where I got all of those tomatoes and these tomatoes earlier in the summer.
So I made another batch of pesto tonight, then scrambled to find containers to freeze it in.
With the pumpkin and apple butters bubbling away in the kitchen, pesto seemed kind of out of place and out of season, but it is still summer, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment