Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mail

I get a lot of junk mail. I am a member of no fewer than three professional organizations, and in addition to all of their mailings, I am pretty sure they are selling my name to other groups. I got a package from the Mead corporation today. (Think school supplies.) I don't know where they got my name.

In addition to not knowing why they sent me stuff, I can't quite figure out what it was they were trying to send - or rather, what their message was supposed to be.

Here's what I got in the mail:
I opened the envelope and this broken pen fell out onto my kitchen table.
Fill-Air might what to think about their slogan, "Our Products Protect Your Products."
The enclosed letter talks about "students falling to pieces" when they are asked to write research papers. Maybe the pen was supposed to be in pieces?
I'm not sure. But I think I'll skip registering for whatever they're selling. And I'll stay away from the Fill-Air the next time I ship something fragile.

No comments:

Post a Comment