Friday, June 10, 2011

Phew

Last night was the first since the last time I posted that I did not have a stack of papers to grade. Such is the life of an English teacher. And it's a life I hope I get to continue living when school starts again in August. (Or September, depending on which district, if any, decides to hire me.)

I have many applications still out, there are some jobs that haven't been posted yet, but which I intend to apply for as soon as the school board makes a decision to hire someone, and I am waiting for a call about an interview I had last week. (A word of advice: If you are going to have seven finals back to back over the next 2 days, try not to have a job interview during your only prep period.) I hope to hear good news from that principal, not just because it would mean full time employment but because it's actually my dream job. I cried when I saw the job posting over my three day spring break. I spent the whole break writing my cover letter and tweaking my resume. I was supposed to spend those three days grading research papers, but it's interesting how life turns out sometimes.

Anyway, now that school is done and my dad and I have the garden started (which seemed unlikely to happen for a while there during this frigid spring) I plan to post more frequently on here!

There's also this little matter of my computer being super-finicky ever since I downloaded the software for a camera that I can use to skype with my nieces. The thing is, the camera only works when my computer does, which has not been often lately! As long as my computer keeps up its end of the bargain, I should be around more often.

And now I'm off to bed so I can get a good night's sleep before tomorrow's farmers' market!

No comments:

Post a Comment