Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Update!

So the governor vetoed the raw milk bill . . . (another win for corporate agriculture).

In other food news, my mom and I made four batches of strawberry freezer jam today! I thought about taking a picture, but didn't have my camera, and was too lazy to borrow one and then email it to myself . . . but we may make some more next week, so I'll be sure to take a picture then!

Our CSA started last week, and Michael and I drove to the farm to pick up our produce . . . in a downpour! We got green garlic, lots of lettuce and spinach, oregano, and a basil plant. The next day I picked up some green onions and two quarts of strawberries.

With a handful of radishes from my garden (in my parents' yard) the vegetables and strawberries made awesome salads for a delicious dinner in Madison with friends on Friday night and a thrown-together-at-the-last-minute dinner with Michael's dad on Saturday. (Homemade croutons didn't hurt the salad either.)

Michael and I are trying to figure out our CSA pick-ups for the next two weeks, because we're going to be gone for most of the rest of the month. Later this week we head to Ohio for his cousin's graduation, then drive up to Indianapolis so that Michael can meet his new niece, and then we head home for two days before leaving for our honeymoon!

We kicked off summer yesterday (Michael had a half day at school) by hiking at Devil's Lake (sorry, it was a spur of the moment thing and we didn't take a camera) and watching Tomorrow Never Dies. We're planning a relaxing summer of honeymooning, camping, putting our feet up, and watching reality TV (America's Got Talent and Last Comic Standing).

I'll post pictures next time!

1 comment:

  1. Ummm....and there's that other bit of news, YOUR NEW NIECE?????? REMEMBER HER??? THE ONE NAMED AFTER YOU???? She wears cloth diapers and drinks organic milk...what more could you ask for????

    ReplyDelete